garrison 1 chimney ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carinac

Jan 23, 2014
matawan nj
I recently got a garrison 1 stove and it has a 8" rear pipe oulet. I was considering reducing this before it leaves the house to six" and then running with that size chimney pipe all the way up to the top of the roof, or should I just stay with 8" all the way. Will there be all that of a difference between the two. This is going to be a brand new install so the difference between 6" and 8" is pretty significant. Thanks

Unless the stove company states in the manual that it is OK to drop down to the 6 inch, then it is not appropriate to do it.

Even though it may work, the problem is doing that does not follow installation guidelines and it won't fly with the insurance company or any local code / inspections.

If the price of the 8 inch scares you, I'd consider purchasing a different stove that would be able to make use of a 6 inch flue.

I'm going to move the thread over to the classic stove room considering the stove involved.

Good luck

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.