Gas Fireplace liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

If you have a new liner for your chimney installed do you need to have your chimney

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VONB

Mar 3, 2015
Cincinnati
I had a new furnace installed and they had to put a new liner in the chimney. Will I need to have the chimney cleaned to burn gas logs?

Do you need to have chimney cleaned after having a new liner installed, are there sections ? Someone told me that there are sections in the chimney. Years ago we always burned gas logs and then we had used a wood stove and for the last 15 years we have not used the fire place at all.

Your chimney should have been cleaned before a liner was installed, at least I would hope so. If I follow your question exactly it would be impossible to clean chimney after a liner was installed you would only be able to clean the liner which you wouldn't do until you burn some wood. Hard to make sense of your post or poll at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.