Gas Fireplace Poor Performance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobG

Nov 19, 2015
I have a Quadra-Fire QVI-30FB-s fireplace insert. I have a family room that is open into the kitchen. This area about 14x35 feet can be closed off and we expected the gas (propane) heater to heat this space. It does a poor job, and never brings up the temperature. Our main heat is hot water baseboard oil which performs well. Now with cheaper oil I'm pretty sure its cheaper to heat with oil. I'm thinking of trying to sell the gas insert. Has anyone else had a similar experience.

BobG

That QVI 30 should do the job, unless the floors are concrete & there is NO insulation in the walls.
Do you have the regulator & blower turned to HI?
One other question: Was insulation stuffed around the liners in the damper area when they were installed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.