Gas Fireplace Suggestion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

callie

Jan 15, 2008
Midwest
I'm looking at getting a gas fireplace. I have new construction, about 1600 square feet with vaulted ceilings, 9 ft walls and an open floor plan. I've been researching three gas fireplaces. The Kozy Komfort Minnentoka, the Heat & Glo 6000 GLX and the Fireplace Xtrordinair 864 HH. Does anyone have any suggestions about any of the three? Thanks.

I didn't realize I put down Kozy Komfort, it's Kozy Heat. Has anyone had any experience with any of these fireplaces? I'm suppose to be getting one here in the next week and need to know if there has been any problems with any of them. If not, I'll just go with best price.

callie said:
I didn't realize I put down Kozy Komfort, it's Kozy Heat. Has anyone had any experience with any of these fireplaces? I'm suppose to be getting one here in the next week and need to know if there has been any problems with any of them. If not, I'll just go with best price.
Dont go with just price
You want to look to see if the dealer is a Servicing dealer
Gas stove are technical and need a good dealer to stand behind it.

you cant go wrong with the Kozy heat Minitonka for price heat flame look and After installation Face options.
I say after installation is because most gas fireplace you have to pick you face go go with the unit before installation.
Most of the kozy faces are bolt on after.

We sell the Heat & Glo 6000GLX quite frequently. Has been an awesome unit for us. Comes with all the upgrades standard: fan, wall switch, ceramic glass, flame out of log, back light kit, 4 piece refractory set. I can't think of one single complaint about the flames or the overall look on that unit since it came out. You can also interchange the front as Rod mentioned about the Kozy Heat, the basic front retails around $100 and the fancy one made form steel instead of aluminum I think is close to $600+. As Rod said don't just go with price, pick your dealer. Somewhere down the line you will need service. Is your dealer still going to be there? Do they have a competent service staff to resolve your problems? If you are near Madison, WI chances are you are coming to us for the Heat & Glo and I can tell you the service all around will be top notch.

Unfortunately we don't sell the other two so I can;t compare them side by side, but I know the GLX inside and out if you want to know anything else about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.