Gas Grill - Pizza Success

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OhioBurner© said:
Hmm I havent been online as much this summer and missed this thread. In July we got a new grill too, after a lot of research decided on a Weber Genesis. Would have loved a Summit but the Genesis was already over our budget and we dont often entertain guests so even the Genesis has plenty of room for our family of 3. Got the EP-330 online for as cheap as I could get the E-310 from any local store, free shipping delivered right to my backyard. I am super happy with the performance after using it for about two months. Already half way through my second tank. The Webers dont have a lot of the bells n whistles but focus on the grill itself. I remember putting a big grill ($200 some dollars) from W@llmart together and getting pretty frustrated. This one, despite lots of parts, went together pretty easy with good instruction. Not the cheap photo copies of black and white pictures that you cant even read anymore, no holes in the wrong spot or crappy machined parts that dont line up right or threads not cut all the way.

I've made pizza a few times - homemade except store bought crusts. I think this week I am going to have to try my own crust finally. Been busy this week (its my off week) putting sauce in the freezer!

I'm about two months into this grill and couldn't be happier. The eveness of the heat is fantastic.

Grilled pizza is pizza nirvana. I went to a nice brick oven joint last night and it couldn't compare. I know that probably shouldn't be the case if done right, but I've yet to eat one better than made on the grill.

Status
Not open for further replies.