Gas Insert - Programmable Thermostat Remote

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2015
New Jersey
I'm considering installing a gas fireplace insert in my open masonry fireplace. Two different fireplace shops recommended that I get the Enviro E44. So far everything I read about it is positive, but there's one big issue. The remote thermostat that comes with it, as far as I can tell, is not programmable. I would be using the insert as a primary heat source for a portion of my house, so I need the ability to program it like a regular thermostat - set it to turn on automatically in the morning, lower when I leave for work, etc. Are there aftermarket remotes that are compatible with the E44 that can do this? Are there other inserts that come with remotes with this capability?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.