Gas Inserts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rloeser

Dec 8, 2005
The following web page: https://www.hearth.com/what/gasinserts.html had an article with the following information:

Recently, a new breed of Gas Inserts have been developed that do not need a chimney liner. These units are built to be less efficient than the regular inserts, therefore throwing a bit more heat up the chimney. The chimney can therefore draft well without needing a liner. This new breed of inserts sell for $900 to $1300 and include blowers and glass doors as standard equipment. Installation involves slipping the unit into the fireplace and connecting a gas line--- around $200. to $300. in most areas.

I'm intrigued by this "new breed", but I don't know how to go about searching for this type of insert? Is there a generic name that is used to reference this "new breed"? Can anyone recommend a make/model in this category or provide any additional detail that will allow me to search for these?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.