Gas line Right a Way score!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jearley35purdue

Nov 8, 2014
Clinton, Ohio
So the gas company has a right away that runs along side my property. This year is the first they have came in during the last 50 to open it up so that it can be aerial inspected! This did a few things. First, they dropped, bucked, and cut to full length, and stacked approximately 40 trees along this area!!!! Talk about doing all the hard work! Now I have just got to cut to length and get them to the house! SCORE! I also get a double whammy because now I can actually plant a clover food plot in the area they have opened for the deer since it will get the necessary sunlight! I owe this crew a beer or three!

I wish I could be that lucky, I work for the power company and they will be starting a tree trimming campaign in my town, I spoke to the forester and said what ever wood needs to be removed they have full permission to dump it in my yard. The forester said he would keep that in mind because there a few tree's they will have to remove from the sights.

Reactions: Jearley35purdue
I wish I could be that lucky, I work for the power company and they will be starting a tree trimming campaign in my town, I spoke to the forester and said what ever wood needs to be removed they have full permission to dump it in my yard. The forester said he would keep that in mind because there a few tree's they will have to remove from the sights.

Kenny, hope it all works out. Only trouble is the wood is piled up and I have to work my way in piece by piece without toppling the stack. We'll worth the trouble though. Good luck!

How about some pics?.......

I have cut my share of lengths, I always found it safer and easier to pull a length off a pile and cut it up, if your working in the woods always think safer, if something happens who's gonna know? I lost a friend of mine about 5 years ago, he was cutting a maple down from storm damage. the butt end kicked back and he fractured his pelvis, when the fire dept removed the tree the pressure was off of him and he ended up bleeding out. Always take a safety approach, no one is running a stop watch and its not a race.

Status
Not open for further replies.