Q&A Gas log alternatives

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

My husband and I recently purchased a Heat-N-Glo gas fireplace insert. Since neither the fireplace or logs are "authentic," I was wondering if there were alternatives to gas logs that would be more contemporary. For example, an architect once told me that you could purchase spherical balls, rods or other geometric objects to put into the fireplace for the flames to dance around. Have you ever heard of such objects or know where I could purchase something like that?

Answer:

None of this cold be used with your existing insert...only if you removed the insert and installed a regular set of gas vented fireplace logs. In this case, you could add additional branches, pine cones (fake) and other accessories, but I must admit I've never heard of the modern art objects...although it surely would work with this scenario if the items were made of the right materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.