Gas logs not fully igniting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Polymath

Jan 22, 2016
Arkansas
Hello all,
I have LP gas logs. They are vent free, Cedar Ridge model CRHLD18TB. Came with the house, worked great the first two seasons. This year they work, but when the gas starts and the flames ignite, not all of it lights for a few seconds. The flames will go around and just stop. If you wait a few seconds, it will finally all ignite. However sometimes it takes 15-20 seconds and then there is a gas smell in the room. If I blow towards the logs just the slightest bit, it "helps" it ignite.
I've cleaned everything I can see to clean by removing the logs and blowing compressed air. It seemed to have helped but it is still an issue.
Is this a common issue, and if so, how is it fixed? Could it be a poor quality LP or something? Thanks for any advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.