Gas Logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creechhc

Feb 5, 2010
Alabama
I Am haveing a problem with my gas Logs. They will only run on High. I can not turn them down to a low setting. What will cause this?

Creechhc said:
I Am haveing a problem with my gas Logs. They will only run on High. I can not turn them down to a low setting. What will cause this?

Gonna hafta provide a tad more info.
Like to help ya, but from NY I can't tell what manufacturer, model, size, type,
or fuel you've got there in Alabama

Most gas logs are not really designed to be turned down. You can throttle them down by turning the knob towards off, but I don't think they are tested or designed that way.

You did not even state what they problem is exactly? Why can't you turn them down? Does the set shut off? How are you attempting to turn it down?

my bet is that he has a milivolt burner that on has an on/high or "pilot" position. people ofter cheat the knob to throttle it down but doing so is not recommended

Status
Not open for further replies.