Gas Quadra-fire QF135FB-C Blowers Not Working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Terry1302

Oct 27, 2018
PA
I purchased the unit two years ago. Used it with no issues for the last two years. Turned it on this year and the blowers are not working. All other things are working on the unit. I opened up the back removed the inline fuses and blowers and took them to the store I bought the unit from. They tested the fuses and the blowers and the fuses were bad, so they ordered me new ones. The blowers tested ok. I put the new fuses in and the blowers still will not start. What would cause the fuses to blow and what would cause the blowers not to turn on?

Thanks,
Terry

My two new fuses are working fine now. Both have zero resistance. All the wires still look like new, not bad or frayed.

Did you have a lightning strike nearby or a power outage? That could have fried the fuses,
& maybe the blower controlling rheostat also got damaged.

No disk...

upload_2018-10-28_9-39-28.png

Not sure where to tell you to look. It may be the module shown in the lower pick. If the lead going to the blowers from that module can be plugged into a lead cord for power, you can test the blowers...

First thing to always check is electric outlet and your breaker panel.

Millbilly,

I double checked the electric outlet and circuit breaker, both are ok.

Dasky,

When I had both blowers out and the fuses out, I had them tested at the shop I bought the insert from and he said both blowers tested ok.

Thanks for responses!! Not sure what to do from here??

I purchased the unit two years ago. Used it with no issues for the last two years. Turned it on this year and the blowers are not working. All other things are working on the unit. I opened up the back removed the inline fuses and blowers and took them to the store I bought the unit from. They tested the fuses and the blowers and the fuses were bad, so they ordered me new ones. The blowers tested ok. I put the new fuses in and the blowers still will not start. What would cause the fuses to blow and what would cause the blowers not to turn on?

Thanks,
Terry
I am not a pro like Bob but he makes a good suggestion that stove has to have a snapstat. The fans will not come on until that snapstat closes this is accomplished by heat. Look for it and put a jumper on it I bet your fans will come on then. This will tell you if your snapstat is bad or not! Check your wiring within the stove it will lead to the snapstat by the way!!

I am not a pro like Bob but he makes a good suggestion that stove has to have a snapstat. The fans will not come on until that snapstat closes this is accomplished by heat. Look for it and put a jumper on it I bet your fans will come on then. This will tell you if your snapstat is bad or not! Check your wiring within the stove it will lead to the snapstat by the way!!

I posted the electric diagrams in my manual. I cannot seem to find the snapstat. Do you know where to look? Could it be in my remote control which is a RC300 IntelliFire Plus Remote control?

Thanks,
Terry

Attachments

• Page 1.pdf
    569.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Page 2.pdf
    436.3 KB · Views: 187
No snapdisk according to the diagram I posted above. Does that match your manual?
If it does, then the problem is in the electrics somewhere. Module? Wiring? Molex connection?

No snapdisk according to the diagram I posted above. Does that match your manual?
If it does, then the problem is in the electrics somewhere. Module? Wiring? Molex connection?
Yes the diagram matches my system. Is it hard to remove the module and have it tested?

Thanks,
Terry

Yes the diagram matches my system. Is it hard to remove the module and have it tested?

Thanks,
Terry

I broke down and had my dealer come to look at my insert. He noticed right away that the power module to the fans was burnt out, because it smelled bad. He did not have another unit in stock in his truck. He said he would call first thing this morning and replace it. No call all day today I finally called late this afternoon. He said he was really busy and could not get to me today. He said he could come on Monday but I should call him to remind him. I said are you sure you want the work? He said not really, he said I should get someone else. He took the unit with him. How do I know exactly which power module to get for my unit? I think it is called a power unit? Maybe power module? If I call Quadra-fire will they be able to give me the part number I need to get? There are two connectors and a power cord not plugged into my unit now on the right side of the unit. One connector has four leads and the other connector has three leads. My unit is a Quadra-fire QF135FB-C.

Thanks,
Terry

I'd order that part from your dealer.

Terry,
I believe that part that the dealer removed from your appliance is a 2166-335 auxiliary control module. There is an internal fuse in the module that may have popped also (which is why it smelled bad)