Gas shortages in New Mexico ...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JimboM said:
I was very surprised to read this. I am not in the know, but my impression is the gas systems operate off of natural gas fueled pumps and generators. So they are not tied to the electric grid.

Jimbo, I chatted with a former head of the NM energy dep't tonight, and he confirmed that the pumps are indeed electric...

BrotherBart said:
precaud said:
Beetle-Kill said:
Sorry Precaud and BB, didn't mean to send this to the Ash Can. Feel free to delete that post.

No apology needed, BB moved it so he could reignite these old antagonies (is that a word?).

AZ and TX have a lot more in common than the popular wisdom admits...

Not me. I didn't move it. :-S

I did, sorry for the confusion. Good thread, but it isn't directly wood or hearth related. I wasn't sure where was best. Moved to the Green Room with link to It's a Gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.