Gas stove location. Looking for some advice.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

themooseman

Oct 14, 2014
Northeast
I am admittedly a newbie to gas stoves (grew up with wood stoves), but I have used them several times at friend's homes and I really like the ability to create heat during a power outage. I have a wood stove at my hunting cabin, but getting a wood stove is out of the question for my current home. I am only in the preliminary stages of considering this, and this forum is awesome. I am hoping some of you can check out my attached picture and provide some feedback regarding what I am looking to do. If this placement would work, I would like to remove the window in the picture and my termination cap would be roughly where the white circle is. I can get all measurements if needed, but do any red flags pop up when looking at my picture? I have vinyl siding (cedar impressions) on the exterior. The framing would be simple and I have a close friend who is an excellent plumber. I have an open line on my gas header (planned) so this project would not be too difficult assuming my location seems to be acceptable. My one concern is the inside corner. How far from the inside corner would the edge of my termination cap need to be? Thoughts? Advice? Questions? Oh, and I am thinking the Jotul GF 500 DV or the 400 would be a good fit for me.
Thanks so much! -Mike GAS.FIREPLACE.LOCATION.JPG

You will have to look at the install manual for each unit to see what the acceptable clearances for the cap are.
You will also have to consider the proximity of the gas meter...

Status
Not open for further replies.