Gas Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeS

Feeling the Heat
Jan 25, 2008
Maryland
I presently have a Mt. Vernon AE pellet stove that is centrally located in my house. It does a great job except for heating our game-room which is sort of detached from the rest of the house.

I really don't want to put another pellet stove in and was wondering what gas stoves are available. The room is approximately 700 sq/ft and has cathedral ceilings. My only source of heat is a Mitsubishi thru the wall heat pump which works well down to about 25 degrees or so.

What would you recommend for my situation?

how high is the ceilling and do you want it to work with the heat pump or do you want it to replace the heat pump?

stoveguy13 said:
how high is the ceilling and do you want it to work with the heat pump or do you want it to replace the heat pump?

I want it to work with the Heat Pump.

The Ceiling is 14 ft at the peak.

If you've got a ceiling fan in the room to drive the heat back down, you can probably get by with about a 30K BTU input unit.
At roughly 70-75% efficiency, you'll get 22.5K out (YMMV) & that should be PLENTY in your neck of the woods.

i would say something in the 26000 btu range jotul gf 300 hearthstone tuscon would both work well for you

Status
Not open for further replies.