Gas valve stuck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicnez

Jan 10, 2016
Oklahoma
Hi everyone, as the title says I'm suddenly unable to turn the fireplace gas valve with it's key. Strange thing is there was never a stage where it was difficult to turn, last winter I could turn on the gas easily. The house I live in is 76 years old, I'm guessing the fireplace is that old also. I've tried liquid wrench on the 1/4" valve nut. Don't really know what else to add here, surprised to find this problem out of the blue like this and thought to search around for some online help. Suggestions or thoughts you guys might have on a fix would be appreciated, hoping for a cheap home remedy before I call a plumber (or whoever?).

Status
Not open for further replies.