Gas Ventless Stove on Vinyl Flooring?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jim Nasium

Nov 18, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Hello,

I have a Patio Enclosure that just had Luxury Vinyl Flooring installed and was thinking of purchasing a small Gas Fireplace to heat the enclosure. http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Wood-.../Napoleon-GVFS20-Arlington-Ventless-Gas-Stove The flooring is rated between 50-100 degrees. Do any members have any experience with this setup? I currently have a small gas fireplace in the basement that sits atop stone tile and has carpet in front. The sides and top never get hot and the carpet is never even warm to the touch. Would a simple thick hearth rug in the front be sufficient?

thanks in advance,

Jim

Last edited:
The manual states that this unit cannot be installed on Carpet.
I think I would use some sort of hearthpad, no matter WHAT surface I installed it on.
IMHO, it makes the install look nicer.
Your call.