gasification tuning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jebatty-

My primary air is located near the blower motor. The secondary air is near the lower door.

I hear you on the length of time to season oak. The rub is I have 8 cords of Scarlet and Red oak for this year. THings could be worse! I am letting the wood char a bit longer now (w/ in the last two day) and I seem to be getting hotter stck temps. 450*-500*. I also have been loading boiler a bit more with wood due to cooler temps.

Thanks for your thoughts. They have been helpful.

LarryD

My primary air is located near the blower motor. The secondary air is near the lower door.

Although your design might be different, it sounds like your design is the same as my Tarm. Primary air (actually all air) is blown in from the blower through a damper. The air enters the primary burn firebox. The lever near the lower door is a diverter which diverts air from primary to secondary. At least that's the way mine works. So if the lever is all the way to the right, little air is diverted from primary to secondary. If the lever is all the way to the left, a lot of air is diverted from primary to secondary.

Glad to hear things might be working better.

Status
Not open for further replies.