gasifier storage and efficiency

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife Approval Factor. Nofossil told us about it.

28 years here, too.

That's not a problem, when it's time for the WAF to go through the "change" cycle, that's when you throw the tstats out. Mind you mine isn't really in it yet.

PMS = Pack My Suitcase (I'm going to the Holiday Inn for the weekend).

I usually find something to do with the gasifier during W cycle. Maybe move a pile of wood, organize it by length, type, maybe color. Clean some pennys.

Eric Johnson said:
Another one will be tonight, when it gets down around zero and I won't have to get up at 4:00 a.m. to stoke the damn thing. . . .That gets old real quick.

We had -5 here in south central NY last night, and I did get up once to reload the GW. I still think that if I have to get up, say, the 10 coldest nights, it's worth it to me to have gotten the smaller unit. It cuts down on the idling and during the transition seasons, I can build a small fire that will heat my DHW without wasting a ton of wood.

From the looks of the forcast, I may even chance no 2:30 alarm tonight. :wow:

mikeyny said:
. . . stats never call for heat at the same time . . .

Explain that please. If I could teach my system to always circulate to the zone with the lowest differential between desired and actual temps, I say I could plug my oil burner back in and it would never fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.