1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

gasifier storage and efficiency

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by Nofossil, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    Wife Approval Factor. Nofossil told us about it.

28 years here, too.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. barnartist

barnartist Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jerusalem, Ohio;
    Nofossil seems to be on top of most things. How about WAF when pregnated?! Throw the thermistats out.
  3. Bartman

Bartman Member

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    That's not a problem, when it's time for the WAF to go through the "change" cycle, that's when you throw the tstats out. Mind you mine isn't really in it yet.
  4. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    PMS = Pack My Suitcase (I'm going to the Holiday Inn for the weekend).
  5. barnartist

barnartist Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Jerusalem, Ohio;
    I usually find something to do with the gasifier during W cycle. Maybe move a pile of wood, organize it by length, type, maybe color. Clean some pennys.
  6. ISeeDeadBTUs

ISeeDeadBTUs Guest

We had -5 here in south central NY last night, and I did get up once to reload the GW. I still think that if I have to get up, say, the 10 coldest nights, it's worth it to me to have gotten the smaller unit. It cuts down on the idling and during the transition seasons, I can build a small fire that will heat my DHW without wasting a ton of wood.

From the looks of the forcast, I may even chance no 2:30 alarm tonight. :wow:
  7. ISeeDeadBTUs

ISeeDeadBTUs Guest

Explain that please. If I could teach my system to always circulate to the zone with the lowest differential between desired and actual temps, I say I could plug my oil burner back in and it would never fire.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.