Gasket Needed on Jotul?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gman1001

Jan 9, 2006
Sales
Hi, I'm moving the exhaust on my Jotul 3 from top to back.

When I removed the flange from the top to move to the back (and vice versa for the blocking plate from back of stove to top) there was a paper type gasket. It was so old it basically evaporated so I cannot reuse it at all.

You guys think this needed? I'm thinking an exact replacement would be impossible. Maybe I can but lengths of the smallest diameter rope gasket and use that...

Not sure, thoughts?

You should be fine with some small rope gasket or narrow flat gasket. Some of the flat gasket is self adhesive which makes thinks a little easier because you can skip the cement.

do you have a Jotul dealer near you the part#125779 you can still order it it should cost about 7 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.