Gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Feeling the Heat
Oct 28, 2013
Delaware
My original gasket had a defect so installer replaced it today, looks like one from lowes. Now the door does not close as tight as it did before. Is this normal for an "after market" gasket? I can put I piece of paper under the door and pull it back out.

no the replacement gasket should close make the door close the same as the original my guess is that it is the wrong gasket. you can also try tightening the door up a bit

Osburn, as does Englander, uses "high density" door gasket. Virtually impossible to find at hardware and box stores. The low density stuff it sounds like you have won't get the sealing job done. Possibly a local stove store stocks high density by the foot.

That's what I figured. I was trying to tighten handle but the cotter pin is a bear to knock out. I have osburn 2200. A little pin needs to be removed to spin handle. It has proven to be a major pain to remove

try using a nail to knock it out with

Status
Not open for further replies.