Gaskets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mufflerman

Sep 7, 2009
northwestern mass
Just wondering if anyone knows what the gaskets are made out of on the combustion fans. They look like fiberglass. Where can you buy sheets of this. Must be cheaper that 15.00 for a gasket. My first stove st croix parts are never available. Poor dealer service in past. Second stove Englander best customer service on the market.

mufflerman said:
Just wondering if anyone knows what the gaskets are made out of on the combustion fans. They look like fiberglass. Where can you buy sheets of this. Must be cheaper that 15.00 for a gasket. My first stove st croix parts are never available. Poor dealer service in past. Second stove Englander best customer service on the market.

Not sure what type of gasket you are looking for but a google search for "stove gasket" will get a lot of results. Check the Rutland site first.

http://www.rutland.com/category.php?category_id=8

mufflerman said:

i honestly do not know the specs, but after that quote im going to find out, thanks man

a couple posts in the forum suggested to go to Napa, they have something very close or equal to the material.

Status
Not open for further replies.