Gatling dome, any info on these stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjohn72

Oct 25, 2012
southern Indiana
1020121645.jpg

New to the site, love working on old stoves, bought 4 of these at an auction, they sat in a pole barn, unused since the 70's, 3 of them still had the original paperwork in them, have one in my barn, it will heat a 30 x 40 pole barn(not efficiently though), just wondered if anyone new anything about these stoves

I just installed a Gatling in my garage/studio.
I purchased it from a homeowner in Big Bear, CA.The tag says that it was built by the Energy Research and Development Corp of Wisconsin.
It only draws when the door is open. So I am hoping that the two knobs on the front have some function. What do you think?
Also, if you have paperwork on your stoves, do you also have a user manual? If so, I would really appreciate some background info, as I'll have the stove for the long haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.