GCI60 has been ordered

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skier76

Minister of Fire
Apr 14, 2009
CT and SoVT
I ordered the stove up last week. Install date is mid November. I have a ton of Okanagan's coming at the same time. The stove will slide into a fireplace we haven't used in 10+ years. It's going to heat our roughly 1700 sq/ft raised ranch. The stove will be located on the lower level. We have pretty good heat transfer to the main level; if we bump the temp of the t-stat downstairs, you can feel the warmth upstairs. From what I've read/heard, this stove should have the horsepower to get the job done.

I would like to pat myself on the back for the impeccable timing of this purchase. We heat with oil, and the price is dropping. Pellets are in short supply and prices are high. But seriously, looking forward to dialing back on the oil bill. And, using an area of the house we don't use much in the winter.

We have a wood stove at our small place up north, so this should be a fun learning process.

I feel the same way having ordered a Harman Accentra 52i recently and my original calculations on when the stove will pay for itself (less oil) will have to change, but I am thinking so what it will pay for itself eventually and the house can be kept much warmer for less money. Can't wait until the install date and cringe every time I hear the oil burner kick on.

That's what I'm thinking Peterfield: warmer house for less out of pocket. I'm sure the stove will pay for itself eventually. But being more comfortable and using the entire house will be the immediate benefit.

Peterfield,
I just installed mine and like it so much I have forgotten the cost and the cash I shelled out. Don't even care about it. Money well spent. The only thing I do regret is not going this route many years ago. Nov 1 will be here real soon.

"and cringe every time I hear the oil burner kick on." That cracked me up! LOL! Still chuckling. I know what you mean though. I was so sick and tired of taking a beating on utility bills I dreaded it. Talk about taking the wind out of your sails. The abuse will soon be over.

Congratulations! Great stove choice! Enjoy

I wouldn't fret about dropping oil prices and climbing pellet prices. Oil won't stay low forever and pellet prices will decline if oil stays low for awhile as a lot of people will be burning oil due to the lower price and no maintenance convenience thing. Except us die hard pellet junkies, we'll keep on burning;) All it takes
is some geopolitical event to cause oil prices to spike again. Having multi fuel options for heating is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.