GCI60/M55 Glass Soot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skier76

Minister of Fire
Apr 14, 2009
CT and SoVT
Anyone getting some black areas on their glass after a few days of burning? I have my stove hooked up to a t-stat, so it will cycle to "low" at times. I mostly burn on 3; with an evening ramp up to 5 for a couple of hours. I'm burning mostly AWFs and Okie Golds. I do have the log kit, that may do something to do with it.

The black soot does clean off easily. I can often remove it with a brush at my weekly cleaning.

It happens. You can try adjusting your air damper to see if it helps but some amount of crud on the glass is normal.

I pulled the lo kit to we if that helps.

I'm probably a bit used to the woodstove which cleans itself with a good load of hard wood and temps around 600F.

Status
Not open for further replies.