Gearing the gear up! Updatede Pic's...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
9 degrees out and friend needs some wood...Circle the wagens and grap the big saw how fast can you bust a couple cords! Pic's Monday...

couple cords split and hauled 4 hours....Locust! 2 acers all locust and ash.....

Sweet. 15 degrees, 20+ mph steady and snow to the top of the waders here. Good excuse to watch Chicago put on a show.

SolarAndWood said:
Sweet. 15 degrees, 20+ mph steady and snow to the top of the waders here. Good excuse to watch Chicago put on a show.

It pretty bad here to but the gf son is out of wood. Cant spare anymore of mine and he needs to work for it as well. lol (1/2 cord of pine been sitting in rounds for atleast 5 years and 1/2 cord of fresh cut locust)

Everything goes up two tree's!

Attachments

• Photo01161011[1].jpg
    Photo01161011[1].jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 406
  • Photo01161012_1[1].jpg
    Photo01161012_1[1].jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 379
  • Photo01161018[1].jpg
    Photo01161018[1].jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 410
smokinjay said:
SolarAndWood said:

It pretty bad here to but the gf son is out of wood. Cant spare anymore of mine and he needs to work for it as well. lol (1/2 cord of pine been sitting in rounds for atleast 5 years and 1/2 cord of fresh cut locust)

I know where there is some free cottonwood ;)

WooDpSycho said:
smokinjay said:
SolarAndWood said:

I know where there is some free cottonwood ;)

lol

smokinjay said:
9 degrees out and friend needs some wood...Circle the wagens and grap the big saw how fast can you bust a couple cords! Pic's Monday...

Smokin, keep the cold weather and send the locust.

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

There has to be 20-25 cords in that area all locust and ash. Its alot bigger than the pic's show about 35-40 trees total. That locust is some hard stuff!

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

+1 Agreed.Its one of the best.Dont get the chance very often,but I never turn down any opportunity to cut some.

Thistle said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:

zap

+1 Agreed.Its one of the best.Dont get the chance very often,but I never turn down any opportunity to cut some.

Yea far as quilty this is an Awsome score with Big BtU's!

Jay, looks like some good cutting but a poor time to do it. Perhaps you need to teach a bit of a lesson on planning ahead?!

As for me, when it is this cold, I'll stay in by the stove.

Backwoods Savage said:
Jay, looks like some good cutting but a poor time to do it. Perhaps you need to teach a bit of a lesson on planning ahead?!

As for me, when it is this cold, I'll stay in by the stove.

I was thinking that at first but after getting started it was pretty good running. Total time on the site was about 3 hours and 2 cords. This is his first year and got his insert first of Dec. with now wood at all. Gave him 1/2 cord of my best hard wood 1/2 cord of ash rounds and he wound up with a cord of pine and locust today. After burning mine hes got a good idea whats in store...lol Hes a great worker so it fun tho help him.

MMAul (Aaron) Lineing up hes second fell of the day.....(could not up load the video)

Attachments

• mmaul.jpg
    mmaul.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 257
Status
Not open for further replies.