Geese swarming open water

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

Nearby watershed with a spring that won't freeze, thousands of geese hanging out. More geese than the pic shows, but I was driving

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360440792731.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360440792731.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 180
Reactions: zap
I take that is a good sign, spring around the corner?

Maybe zap, just before the storm, I heard groups of hundreds flying over the house, around 8pm. Weird

Nearby watershed with a spring that won't freeze, thousands of geese hanging out. More geese than the pic shows, but I was driving

That is the GLR right off of 663, right? I saw that the other day too.

We were just down in the Oley Valley (Boyertown, PA) this past Sunday and the one lake there (not sure which lake) was INUNDATED with thousands and THOUSANDS of geese......I never saw so many geese in one spot in my life!! Wife has a pic on her phone......... it was unreal!

We were just down in the Oley Valley (Boyertown, PA) this past Sunday and the one lake there (not sure which lake) was INUNDATED with thousands and THOUSANDS of geese......I never saw so many geese in one spot in my life!! Wife has a pic on her phone......... it was unreal!
Scotty, boyertown is near green lane. I was visiting with grandmother in reading,pa, and than onto my sisters in quakertown. The geese looked like penguins at first:)
your wife will have to post a pic

Reactions: ScotO

I have family that lives in Oley Valley and Green Lane.

Scotty, perhaps it was Ontelaunee Lake (up near Fleetwood) or Blue Marsh Lake, near Reading. However, it seems any large body of around hear has Geese....

Reactions: ScotO
I have family that lives in Oley Valley and Green Lane.

Scotty, perhaps it was Ontelaunee Lake (up near Fleetwood) or Blue Marsh Lake, near Reading. However, it seems any large body of around hear has Geese....
yes, it was Ontelaunee Lake! Lots of people on the bridge with cameras filming the geese!

Status
Not open for further replies.