Geez...Even MY stove is filthy...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
My bride called me Tuesday night... the burn pot is overflowing with pellets, the plastic handle on the ash pan has melted (burning pellets in the ash pan) and the flame sucks...

I knew it was time after 1 1/3 tons since I cleaned it last spring but geez... now I have to work!

You have to love a guy for living on the edge!! Break out that vacuum, leaf blower, and cleaning gear and get to work!

Damn it krooser, you ain't got your staff trained by now, how come?

I had my wife clean the one here to be sure she knew what to do.

You the giver to hearth.com and its many members of the best way to get the crud out of the stove have not trained your staff.

Unbelievable.

She does a vac job every few days... draws the line when it comes to removing the ash trap doors an stuff like that..

Hello

You should have seen that EF2i in the garage before I picked it up.

The ash pan was full of ash. The fire box was buried in ash. The heat exchanger cleaning rod was bent and jammed solid and would not move. The ignitor died a while ago and the 120 Degree overfire switch was shot so the auger would not turn!! It was only 3 years old! It was used by women to heat a girls dormitory!! LOL

imacman said:
krooser said:
She does a vac job every few days.....

I know there's a joke in this somewhere ;-P

I'm not that sharp tonite!

I did another quick cleaning...the SIH pellets don't seem to like a low fire (lots of packed ash in the fire pot). It's running OK but I'll do the LBT after it stops raining tomorrow....

Status
Not open for further replies.