General Deals

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerubi

Burning Hunk
Nov 26, 2012
Auburn, NH
Just curious if there is a location on the site where people post store specific deals (online or physical location) so others can benefit from it. Seems like I'm always getting decent coupon codes for somewhere, but rarely is it at a time when I can use it. I'd much rather have a place to post them up so others can be helped out, and to also go to when I need a deal myself. Right now I'm hunting for a tractor supply coupon. Seems like I always get ones for 20% off one item, but of course now that I want to make a purchase I have none available.

With burning season almost upon us, I'm sure everyone could benefit by pooling knowledge if this isn't already done.

Hundreds of coupon and promo code sites on the web.

Well aware of the coupon sites, and I can see based upon my example why you might think that is where I was going with this. I was thinking more along the lines of somewhere that people can share where they have found deals that are particularly applicable to the members on this site. An example of this working well is when I found a store with gallon jugs of 10W-30 full synthetic for $20. I posted the location on the offroad forum I was a part of, and many others were able to cash in on that unadvertised deal. I remember last winter walking into a store and finding a row of pallets that held brand new vermont castings inserts at greater than 50% off due to a store that went out of business. Though I had no use for them, I have no doubt someone here could have taken advantage of it.

The way this is managed on one of the other sites I belong to is simply a "deals" section in the classifieds area. That way anyone that finds anything that might be helpful can share it rapidly with the rest of the group without cluttering other discussion areas.

Just a thought.

If you follow the link, like many of these sites, it doesn't work. I don't think I've ever found a code that yielded a savings, so I have a habit of avoiding them.

Thanks for suggesting it though.

I don't think Craig would have a problem with you posting a sale or special deal that you find that is related to woodburning. I just don't think that he would want an area dedicated to it.

Gary

Reactions: BrotherBart
Status
Not open for further replies.