generator for englander?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gripper93

Oct 1, 2009
central ohio
Ok I would like to know if I can run a small gen. aprox 3000 watt 3500 surge on my englander 25 pdvc? I have a cyber power batt backup with surge protection on it now just enough power for about 15 min run time and the shutdown procedure. I woould like to use the small gen. and the batt backup in between to keep the heat on but I was told the gen. can take out the circuit board and I reallly don't want that to happen. Any info would be great. Thanks

What brand/model generator are you thinking about. I wouldn't trust one of the super cheapo ones made in China, but otherwise, most any generator should be fine. I ran my englander on a generator a week or so ago for 3 1/2 hours....no problems at all.

If you run your genny through the Cyber Power, doesn't that "clean-up" the power anyway?

running with the cyber power should clean it up but I wanted to get some other advice before I tried it. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.