Generator heads up!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loon

Minister of Fire
Apr 9, 2010
ont canada
wife and her girlfriends went to the cottage this weekend and i was told today that the honda was acting weird??

come to find out, mice were building a condo in the muffler system >:-(

DSC07583.jpg

they plugged it solid...

DSC07584.jpg

pxx2kwMijVErPoisoNJ4JPmCqpONAoMyO9tzI-ureFr75IdYmWgBO03kfsQuvb8GhBovq0qErrTJ2BWmL7vyoKBcdksA5Jd5XPC4SAg_WaNss9dJQBUm6FqKG1Ob1eTd9rtBFpPLklby-gz5-o9c19Qx1R6FF2Qd
Try some of these around and inside your genset.

Every spring I have to clean out the yard tractor from the mice doing the same.

zap

Mice did that in my garden tractor a few years ago. After a fast mowing run on a hot day I pulled it back into the garage and shut down. Came back a few minutes later and flames were boiling out from under the hood where the nest had caught fire.

Somewhere here there is a thread about the mice building a nest in the pull starter housing on my woodsplitter . . . as long as the splitter was running things were OK as the mouse nest was being pushed up, away from the hot engine parts . . . but when I stopped the dry grass would touch the hot metal and begin smoking.

Personally I always get a kick when I fire up my two-stroke snowmobile for the first time in the Fall . . . as smoke fills my woodshed the mice go scurrying from whatever area they've been hanging out in . . . or under.

I had a robin build a nest on the exhaust manifold of my farmall 130 this spring. Luckily I stopped and found it before it cought on fire.

Billy

glad the problem was found the other day, its been running at the house now for 14hrs straight as we had a whopper of a storm roll through, took out tree's across the road and a funnel was seen 1 mile away.
came into work early as my wife is at home tending to the place and i will be heading back in a few hours, took a couple pics which i will put up later from across the road as i had to help out my farmer neighbor who is 80yrs young get out of his/her driveway
they say the power might be back this afternoon??

Terry

Even in the summer. You never know when you might need to run the genset. The fridge/freezers must stay cold, and water must be pumped, even in the summer.

was 23hrs before we had power and i aint blaming the hydro boys as it was a big storm!!

the honda did what it was supposed to do as keep the fridge/freezer working ;-)

DSC07590.jpg

DSC07597.jpg

DSC07603.jpg

DSC07601.jpg

DSC07598.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.