generator repair...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjbrown

Feeling the Heat
Jan 15, 2008
Hartland,Me.
hi guys,

i have a 4kw coleman contractor series ganny with the 8 hp briggs and stratton.i bought it used from a guy at work this past winter,knowing that it leaked oil...not too bad...add oil when refilling gas.

heres the problem:

in order to get to the oil case, you have to remove the genny head. i have the face of the genny, and the stator off...no problems, but cannot figure out how to remove the rotor. there are 4 bolts holding the base for the genny to the base for the motor, but i cannot remove them as the plastic fan for the rotor is there. has any one done this type of removal, and able to set me straight, or can you point me to a forum or link that will explain it?

thanks, mike

thanks for the help....i think.

found the answer i was looking for at www.smokstak.com

alot of useful information there if anyone is looking for small engine answers.

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.