Geneva wood pellets - Strong,Maine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schoondog

Feeling the Heat
Aug 17, 2008
dutchess county, n.y.
Stopped by the local TSC to get a bottle of starter gel and they were already closed. Looked around back to check out their stock of pellets and they had dozens of tons of instant heat, which doesn't do much for me, then spyed several different colored pallets. Saw Geneva and Strong,Ma. on a ton. I remember they had an explosion at the plant in the summer.Does anyone know if they are back in production? Did a quick search and appears as though they were going to rebuild, wonder if these are old or new batch of product? Any facts or opinions? Think I am going in there tomorrow to get a few bags to try.

Schoondog

They have only been in business since early this year, so I would call them first batch. Dont confuse them with Maine Woods who had 2 batches with the first batch the bad ones you hear about. They seem to be good pellets, see my post on ash after a 1/2 ton.

I'm using pellets from Strong now . I bought 4 ton this past summer. So far, their a great burn .Energex from Canada are still my best out of 5 different brands. But you gotta try a few bags of different brands to see what works for your stove. Good luck, Muss

Yea they had some maine woods also. Must have just got them in because friend said last week only instant heat was in stock. Haven't burned any Genevas before soo thought I would try em.

Schoondog

These pellets are great...nice uniformed size and tons of heat...I'm real impressed...this is my #1 pellet this year!!...just bought 2 tons..$220.00 per ton..super cost for super heat!!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 367
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 367
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 339
bigruckus said:
These pellets are great...nice uniformed size and tons of heat...I'm real impressed...this is my #1 pellet this year!!...just bought 2 tons..$220.00 per ton..super cost for super heat!!

They look good, glad to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.