Gentlemen... start your stoves!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kilarney

Mar 1, 2008
Vermont
Here we go! Cold weather in northern Vermont for the next couple of days. Looks like tonight or tomorrow my stove will make the first burn of the season.

I remember last spring when the regulars said that the forum would be done until fall. I guess that never happened!

This is my first full year with a pellet stove. Even if oil drops, I'm still very happy that I have another option.

gonna be in the mid to high 40's here too.......but most likely wont be firing up the stove. To early! lol

yardleypa said:
Here in PA its still in the 80s I suppose I could light it and throw some water on it would make a great turkish bath

Its nice here during the day.....but nights are cooling down pretty good. But still resisting on the stove for as long as we can

as I posted on this subject on the corn burn site

When the WPO factor becomes unbearable, or she berates me at least three times that she is cold, or I begin to see signs of someone sneaking an electric heater out of the closet.

then Ill lite baby boiler

Till then - she can bake something or we can discuss the bed warming thread again! Rolling Eyes

I like it when they beg and or offer

I have already burned like two bags so far this year lol. I keep telling my wife I just want to make sure it works good lol. I am a pyro and I cant help myself.

Kilarney, im right there with ya! Im so pumped to finally have a stove, im firing it up tonight (mid to upper 30's here on wednesday night/thursday morning)
BTW, upstate VT is BEAUTIFUL. I went to Coventry for the last Phish gig. WOW.

Well... the stove finally kicked on in the wee hours of the morning last night. It looks like the weather is warming up, so it probably won't come on again for a little while. But for now... the 2008/2009 heating season has officially kicked off.

kilarney said:
But for now... the 2008/2009 heating season has officially kicked off.

If my stove goes on before the middle of October, I'm NOT going to be happy....as much as I want to see the fire dancing in the firepot, I also don't want to burn ANY type of fuel any sooner than needed. :coolmad:

PelletPusher said:
You're a "piro" when you burn the
stove and air conditioning at the same time.

Nah, that would qualify for a dumbass with more $$ than brains. :lol:

My stove isn't going on until it's cold enough to need it since I run it 24/7.
Has to be steady outside temps in mid 40's for it to go below 70 inside.
I have some oil in the tank to take the chill off if we get cold days here and there
before the real stuff sets in.

Status
Not open for further replies.