1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Gentlemen... start your stoves!

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by kilarney, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kilarney

kilarney New Member

Loc:
    Vermont
    Here we go! Cold weather in northern Vermont for the next couple of days. Looks like tonight or tomorrow my stove will make the first burn of the season.

I remember last spring when the regulars said that the forum would be done until fall. I guess that never happened!

This is my first full year with a pellet stove. Even if oil drops, I'm still very happy that I have another option.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. j00fek

j00fek Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Auburn, Maine
    mid 40's here for next couple of days.

still have to install dad's nps40 hah
  3. MainePellethead

MainePellethead Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    gonna be in the mid to high 40's here too.......but most likely wont be firing up the stove. To early! lol
  4. control1

control1 Member

Loc:
    bucks co pa
    Here in PA its still in the 80s I suppose I could light it and throw some water on it would make a great turkish bath
  5. MainePellethead

MainePellethead Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    Its nice here during the day.....but nights are cooling down pretty good. But still resisting on the stove for as long as we can
  6. Sting

Sting Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Wisconsin
    as I posted on this subject on the corn burn site

When the WPO factor becomes unbearable, or she berates me at least three times that she is cold, or I begin to see signs of someone sneaking an electric heater out of the closet.

then Ill lite baby boiler

Till then - she can bake something or we can discuss the bed warming thread again! Rolling Eyes

I like it when they beg and or offer
  7. Steveo

Steveo Member

Loc:
    Maine
    I have already burned like two bags so far this year lol. I keep telling my wife I just want to make sure it works good lol. I am a pyro and I cant help myself.
  8. wb2bhc

wb2bhc New Member

Loc:
    Northern NJ
    You're a "piro" when you burn the stove and air conditioning at the same time.
  9. Steveo

Steveo Member

Loc:
    Maine
    The first burn was with the AC on and the windows open
  10. strangemainer

strangemainer New Member

Loc:
    Waterboro, Maine
    Kilarney, im right there with ya! Im so pumped to finally have a stove, im firing it up tonight (mid to upper 30's here on wednesday night/thursday morning)
    BTW, upstate VT is BEAUTIFUL. I went to Coventry for the last Phish gig. WOW.
  11. kilarney

kilarney New Member

Loc:
    Vermont
    Well... the stove finally kicked on in the wee hours of the morning last night. It looks like the weather is warming up, so it probably won't come on again for a little while. But for now... the 2008/2009 heating season has officially kicked off.
  12. imacman

imacman Guest

If my stove goes on before the middle of October, I'm NOT going to be happy....as much as I want to see the fire dancing in the firepot, I also don't want to burn ANY type of fuel any sooner than needed. :coolmad:
  13. Xena

Xena Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Shore MA
    Nah, that would qualify for a dumbass with more $$ than brains. :lol:

My stove isn't going on until it's cold enough to need it since I run it 24/7.
    Has to be steady outside temps in mid 40's for it to go below 70 inside.
    I have some oil in the tank to take the chill off if we get cold days here and there
    before the real stuff sets in.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.