Geospring bad reviews

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the way I have my electric water heater hooked up to the Nyletherm because a coaxial pipe is not included. I had a heat trap piping set up previously, so I tapped into the cold water 3/4" male fitting with a brass T and isolation ball valve. That goes to the inlet of the Nyletherm. The outlet of the Nyletherm goes to the heater drain, tapped in a similar manner as the cold.

I wanted to tap into the cold water line before the heat trap. I figured the hot circulating water would migrate less that way. The Grundfos pump in the Nyletherm circulates the water from the lower part of the cold water dip tube, through the heat pump, and then back into the bottom of the tank, and then the cycle repeats until the lower thermostat is satisfied. Apparently, while connecting the Nyletherm's output to the hot water outlet of the water heater would heat the water in the tank, if water is used while the pump is running, less than hot water is the result.

It works for me, so far.

It appears that in the "alternate" plumbing method that the water only would get one pass through the HP which only increases the temperature a minimal amount in one pass ~ HOW ON EARTH can they get hot water this way?
No, it will continue to cycle water until the set point is reached. That's why it's tied cold to drain, not cold to hot.

I don't think it's a very common thing to replace an anode. I don't even know where I can buy one for mine - I didn't see any at the place where I bought the tank. I suspect it is an overlooked & neglected item for 90%+ of electric water heaters sold. 'Install & forget'.

(I'd have to drill a hole in a stair tread to get mine out - ooops...)

I can relate to that.

You can buy the rods at Home Depot.
You would want to get the "Bendable" type to replace the old one.

If you have low overhead clearance, you just pull the old one out a little at a time and cut it in sections, pull it some more, and cut, etc.

New one goes right in...all you do is re-bend it as you go. Slick!
anode.jpg

Let's say there's no fixtures being used. The pump moves the water from the Tee just in front of the cold water shutoff valve to the electric water heater to the Nyletherm, where it gets heated, and then injects it back to the water heater through a Tee into the water heater drain. It should be noted that the cold water gets sucked up through the dip tube which terminates near the bottom of the heater.

Let's say there's no fixtures being used. The pump moves the water from the Tee just in front of the cold water shutoff valve to the electric water heater to the Nyletherm, where it gets heated, and then injects it back to the water heater through a Tee into the water heater drain. It should be noted that the cold water gets sucked up through the dip tube which terminates near the bottom of the heater.

Makes sense to me. The nyle is working in the cold part of the water heater sucking in through the diptube and expelling heated water into the drain, both cold places. As that water in the cold part is heated it rises up into the heated column. If at any time you demand hot water then the hot water outlet at the top of the tank releases hot water and new cold water comes in through the diptube.

Status
Not open for further replies.