Get a rope!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't think thats exactly a hanging offense , maybe here on this forum.

Punishable by death.....There,I said it.

:shut:

Maybe under different circumstances they could be let off, but this is not their first offense. Sadly, they will probably learn absolutely nothing and the fine will be a slap on the wrist.

It might also help others to understand if they knew how some of these loggers are really fighting to stay in business or just earn a decent living. Then to have logs stolen and even cut up there on site was probably worse than a slap in the face.

I wonder how far a prosecutor could take theft of firewood. Depending on the situation (Lets say elderly and disabled), in MI or any other northern state, not having a source of heat could literally end in death.

Matt

Matt, I doubt it would ever go that far simply because there are so many other ways to create heat. But it certainly is a serious crime in my book.

Punishment should fit the crime. These guys ought ot do work detail to replace the logs they cut up and stole with sufficinet quality logs.

Then they ought to spend a half hour alone with a couple of the lumberjacks they screwed over and be shown the error of their ways.

I have a rope with 12,000lb tensil strength.....I like there chances!

Who said the rope was fer hangin' ?!?!?! Tie it behind a quad and drag them through the timber. That seems fair enough. They'll never want to see another tree as long as they live.

Danno77 said:
Who said the rope was fer hangin' ?!?!?! Tie it behind a quad and drag them through the timber. That seems fair enough. They'll never want to see another tree as long as they live.

I will bring the rope!

Status
Not open for further replies.