Get it Up!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Decided that I would try and get 4 face cord stacked by the end of the weekend, this is a combination of hard maple and beech. Weather permitting I'll have this 2 face cord done Thursday.

beechnut

Attachments

• 100_1026.jpg
    100_1026.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 368
  • 100_1027.jpg
    100_1027.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 375
I stack just like that with t posts at each end on top of 2x4s. The only difference is I flip the 2xs on end and pick them up on concrete blocks just to let air under them and make use of uneven ground. I usually don't even have to flatten the areas under the blocks.

Matt

The pallets from the local Ace Hardware store are a gift from God. Air space under the wood and they are free. And they love me because they have to pay a guy to haul them off.

EatenByLimestone said:
I stack just like that with t posts at each end on top of 2x4s. The only difference is I flip the 2xs on end and pick them up on concrete blocks just to let air under them and make use of uneven ground. I usually don't even have to flatten the areas under the blocks.

Matt

I saw that in your post with the pictures of the wood but after seeing bogeydaves woodshed well it has me thinking of building one.

zap

I stack all of my wood like that to maximize the volume of wood in any given area. I usually just build myself a nice straight criss-cross stack of wood for the endcap instead of using posts.

Are these new? How much do you have done now?

smokinjay said:

The third row is, stacked wood after tonight will be 34 f/c with another 12-14 f/c ready for stacking. The 310 and 390 will be running this weekend in the woods bucking up some beech and clearing a trail so I can get to some cherry (2-3 trees) in a new area.

N.E.W.

BrotherBart said:
The pallets from the local Ace Hardware store are a gift from God. Air space under the wood and they are free. And they love me because they have to pay a guy to haul them off.

A picture just popped into my head of you driving off into the sunset with a pickup full of pallets and the local Ace employees at the backdoor whistling the theme song to Sanford and Son. Brings a tear to my eye.

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

The third row is, stacked wood after tonight will be 34 f/c with another 12-14 f/c ready for stacking. The 310 and 390 will be running this weekend in the woods bucking up some beech and clearing a trail so I can get to some cherry (2-3 trees) in a new area.

N.E.W.

Nice, Beech is my favorite wood to deal with some of the cleanest wood I have cut.

mayhem said:
I stack all of my wood like that to maximize the volume of wood in any given area. I usually just build myself a nice straight criss-cross stack of wood for the endcap instead of using posts.

Like this.

Wood-2009e.gif

Backwoods Savage said:
mayhem said:

Like this.

Wood-2009e.gif

Dennis I promise you I'll stack 1 f/c your way before the snow hits the ground.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.