Get Ready East Coast?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best local weather guru says we are having and will have for a while a typical weather pattern. Typical for Florida. Not Virginia.

When was the last time this happened BB?

Not in my lifetime or any time anybody ever talked about. Lake Kemp was always just Lake Kemp.

Sure it got low sometimes. It never just went away. Lots of water supplies in Texas are man made lakes. Ya get it when it comes and use it till it comes again. No rivers feeding anything. Just what watershed you have when it rains.

Corp of Engineers site says the deepest point is four inches now. That is in the flood containment pool. >>

Monday morning, I think I saw the most rain I've ever seen come down in a short time. In a matter of minutes, my garage and driveway filled up. That was with me, out in it, trying to keep everything clear.

Yes, I think from Ohio east it's like that from what I heard this morning. I have relatives northeast of Raleigh, so far they've made it through without any flooding.

Just drove up from virginia beach ,flash flood watch the entire trip. HIt a few squalls but nothing major.

weather looking real nice wednesday thru sunday for down the shore!

I could really appreciate a nice long drought along about now.

Reactions: DevilsBrew
Fog/Mist
73°F
23°C
  • Humidity87%
  • Wind SpeedCalm
  • Barometer30.16 in (1021.0 mb)
  • Dewpoint69°F (21°C)
  • Visibility
We could use some dry weather too. Another day of possible storms rolling through.

I could really appreciate a nice long drought along about now.

I know! It is the polar opposite this year. I realize how spoiled I was by last year's weather. It has been raining since last night. The forecast is a rain on and off all day today and for the next 9 days. High humidity, highs in the low 80s, lows in the high 60s. Now I know what it is like to live in a rainforest.

My tomatoes and peppers are the only ones loving this.

I know! It is the polar opposite this year. I realize how spoiled I was by last year's weather. It has been raining since last night. The forecast is a rain on and off all day today and for the next 9 days. High humidity, highs in the low 80s, lows in the high 60s. Now I know what it is like to live in a rainforest.

My tomatoes and peppers are the only ones loving this.
Two loud cracks of thunder (2 minutes apart) chased me from the woods, that went south of us by 10 miles, getting dark at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.