Get ready folks, the big chill is coming.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seasoned Oak

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2008
Eastern Central PA
Next wednesday Dec 11 the forecast for central PA is 10 degrees overnight with a HIGH of 22 Deg.Similar temps for about 3 days. THats cold for early December. Lots of folks in parts north and the upper midwest, will have it much worse.

Last edited:
It is not that unusual here no matter what the forecasters are saying. It amazes me how they try to blow things out of proportion. Sure, it will be cold for a few days. The wind will be the worst. But, it will warm back up.

I keep thinking of the old saw: Snow for Thanksgiving, mud for Christmas. Seen that happen many times.

This cold is going to be long and deep. It's a big system affecting most of the country from WA and CA to MA and VA.

Good news. I read that one bridge in the Dallas area had 4" of ice on it!

Highway 114 at Sanger, TX North of Dallas. Sheet of ice.

1424541_480564662060284_1791874281_n.jpg

Last edited:
So far just a little cooler than usual around here. Cold week ahead. Been getting wood ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.