Get yer burn on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

Looks like the days and nights of slab are coming to an abrupt end

Wind chill right around 0 °F last night. And though tomorrow is supposed to be rain, they are calling for low single digits next week. No more pullin' Aspin out of the woods to get at the good stuff. Going to be shooting for two loads of Oak/Ash/Maple a week for a while now.

Letting the coals burn down then I'll empty out the ashes, start feeding it some beech with ironwood. Some nice three year old Sugar Maple coming in this weekend, the last of that tree that came down.

zap

Tues and Weds next week look to bring us some cold air, but otherwise - it's still above normal. Slight chance of non accumulating snow tonight - nothing in the 10 day. I know it's because I bought a snowblower!

I've been burning junk wood, along with ash & cherry and setting the oak aside. I now have 2 1/2 rows of oak I've passed over waiting for colder temps to use it. Threw some oak in last night, had to move my sofa back alittle, as the heat was incredible. Stove was glowing orange with purple blue ghost flames and clicking like it was just fired up. Oak will really wake a stove up! I'm ready for the cold and snow. Bring it!

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Looks like the days and nights of slab are coming to an abrupt end

Wind chill right around 0 °F last night. And though tomorrow is supposed to be rain, they are calling for low single digits next week. No more pullin' Aspin out of the woods to get at the good stuff. Going to be shooting for two loads of Oak/Ash/Maple a week for a while now.

Right. It is high time you get busy. You've not been doing enough so now you have to work to get the good stuff out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.