Get You National Reining Horse Hat On :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
2011 NRHA Derby winners.

Open winner ( creme de la creme, big bucks) on the left, Amateur winner on the right :)

http://nrhaderby.com/

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
2011 NRHA Derby winners.

Open winner ( creme de la creme, big bucks) on the left, Amateur winner on the right :)

http://nrhaderby.com/

Where's John Force????????????? ooooooopppppsss, you said NRHA, not NHRA, didn't ya??? Never mind....

It's Ok, Hoss.

How did you like the videos? Or did you look?

Webmaster said:
Damn, horses spinning and walking backwards? Next thing you know, they'd be doing moonwalks!

That's Dressage :)

Pretty cool, isn't it?

Pretty amazing. I always thought Dressage referred to english saddles and the whole get-up and the horses sort of prancing around. Shows you what I know. Guess I oughta get my butt down here to the High Desert Classics held every year just down the hill & across the road from where I live. :red:

Rick, Dressage is english saddles. You are absolutelty right .

I was referring to the moon walks. It's a dressage thing :0

Git down to the cow pony show ;-)

Yeah, I really need to get down there and watch. No excuse. It's close enough that I can hear the PA system from home. Costs nothing to go in and watch. Too late this year, it's a done deal. Next year fer sure!

(I'm glad I at least got the Dressage thing right. :p)

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
It's Ok, Hoss.

How did you like the videos? Or did you look?

Yes, I looked. Made me dizzy, I can just imagine how the horse feels.

Pretty neat, Dix.....
I know nothing about horses, so please don't think I am stupid, but what are the white "bandage" things on the front legs? Is is a type of support like an ace bandage?
Our neighbors down the road have horses and I have to chuckle everytime I see them out and they have those cute little "coats" on.... :lol:

Never would think you were stupid, M :)

You're on the money, they are "skid" boots. They support, and keep the horse from clipping himself/herself with a hoof/shoe. Reining horses are shod with a shoe called a slide plate, helps them slide :)

Status
Not open for further replies.