Get your snow shovels out... again... if you live in the NE.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
It's just cold here but you guys/gals are going to get hit again from what it sounds like.

krooser said:
It's just cold here but you guys/gals are going to get hit again from what it sounds like.

Will you and CC please turn off them dang fans. I been shoveling for 2 days now. We got 6 inches yesterday and another 2 plus this morning. My back is starting to hurt already! But at least I am very warm and toasty.

Oh by the way "Happy New Year to you and the family" Hope we all have a good one.

jay

jtakeman said:
krooser said:

Will you and CC please turn off them dang fans. I been shoveling for 2 days now. We got 6 inches yesterday and another 2 plus this morning. My back is starting to hurt already! But at least I am very warm and toasty.

Oh by the way "Happy New Year to you and the family" Hope we all have a good one.

jay
jay, i was at VFW in watertown yesterday and they didn't get close to 6"......how much further north are ya?

HEMI said:
jtakeman said:
krooser said:

jay
jay, i was at VFW in watertown yesterday and they didn't get close to 6"......how much further north are ya?

30 miles or so. Once you get past Torrington the elavation changes. I think Norfork got even more.

They are calling the storm in my area in feet.

BRING IT ON!Arctic Cats are gased up&ready; to roll,hopefully we'll be drag racing on High Street tomorrow night.(Ellsworth Maine)

I'm ready to panic. Got more than an inch already, since yesterday afternoon. There are clouds out there, it might not be done. Managed to get out this morning for emergency supplies (vodka, coffee, oranges, milk, eggs) , batten down the hatches. OMG, just saw a snowflake go RIGHT BY MY WINDOW!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................................

hossthehermit said:
I'm ready to panic. Got more than an inch already, since yesterday afternoon. There are clouds out there, it might not be done. Managed to get out this morning for emergency supplies (vodka, coffee, oranges, milk, eggs) , batten down the hatches. OMG, just saw a snowflake go RIGHT BY MY WINDOW!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................................

ROFL!! Have you ever noticed that in the supermarkets before a big storm, they run out of milk, eggs, and bread first??? Must be that bad storms make everyone want French Toast. :lol:

macman said:
hossthehermit said:

ROFL!! Have you ever noticed that in the supermarkets before a big storm, they run out of milk, eggs, and bread first??? Must be that bad storms make everyone want French Toast. :lol:

No, macman, it's just that when I go shoppin', I'm FOCUSED.

macman said:
hossthehermit said:

Yes. It's one the STUPIDEST reactions. I can understand, if we were living a 100 years ago with NO supermarkets and public snow removal. But, in this day and age....c'mon already.

My new-last-year snowblower is busted and so is the pick-up I need to haul it to the dealer for a warranty repair. So I took off the broken auger cable/spring and took it in hoping to get a free replacement... can't do sez the parts guy... I have to bring in the whole machine.

So now I have a $1200.00 coathangar in my shop.

Let's check the essentials list:

1. Pellets check
2. Gasoline check
3. Eggs (hey girls I have plenty of feed and treats) check
4. Milk check
5. Bread (well sorta, got everything to make at least 30 loaves) check
6. Propane check
7. Bear snacks check

Bring it on, snow baby, snow (watch it fizzle out since I'm ready for it and the hype machine is working overtime).

krooser said:
My new-last-year snowblower is busted and so is the pick-up I need to haul it to the dealer for a warranty repair. So I took off the broken auger cable/spring and took it in hoping to get a free replacement... can't do sez the parts guy... I have to bring in the whole machine.

My spring broke, I just bent a new loop in it, never replaced it.

krooser said:

That parts guy should hear from his manager's boss person.

Complain in writing starting with the head folks at the manufacturer and the dealership. Make certain that you have the cc list on each letter and don't bother to send the parts guy a copy.

Locked and loaded here. Shoveled here to clean up for the second time. Supposed to start again and drop 1 1/2 feet before it's over sometime Sunday. Got pellets so as long as the power stays on were good!

We're under a lake effect advisory till sun 6am
4-6" tonight and 8-12" more tomorrow.

Let it snow..the '65 Ariens is all gassed up and ready to blow!!

macman said:
hossthehermit said:

don't forget the gas stations.....people wait in line to fill up a vehicle thats not gonna leave the driveway?...got me

HEMI said:
macman said:
hossthehermit said:

don't forget the gas stations.....people wait in line to fill up a vehicle thats not gonna leave the driveway?...got me

Ain't that where you get your gas for the snow blower, snowmobile, and pick'em up mounted snowplow :roll: ?

SmokeyTheBear said:
HEMI said:
macman said:
hossthehermit said:

Ain't that where you get your gas for the snow blower, snowmobile, and pick'em up mounted snowplow :roll: ?
maybe you need to read my line again....it said filling a vehicle not snow blower, or snowmobile, and not referring to the obvious vehicles out there clearing the snow

I plan to be ready for a three week snowed - in stretch by Nov. 1, every year. Ain't happened since I was a kid, and that was on my folk's planning. But I'm ready every year. Guess it's a family tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.