Get your snow shovels out... again... if you live in the NE.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HEMI said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
HEMI said:
macman said:
hossthehermit said:
I'm ready to panic. Got more than an inch already, since yesterday afternoon. There are clouds out there, it might not be done. Managed to get out this morning for emergency supplies (vodka, coffee, oranges, milk, eggs) , batten down the hatches. OMG, just saw a snowflake go RIGHT BY MY WINDOW!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................................

ROFL!! Have you ever noticed that in the supermarkets before a big storm, they run out of milk, eggs, and bread first??? Must be that bad storms make everyone want French Toast. :lol:
don't forget the gas stations.....people wait in line to fill up a vehicle thats not gonna leave the driveway?...got me

Ain't that where you get your gas for the snow blower, snowmobile, and pick'em up mounted snowplow :roll: ?
maybe you need to read my line again....it said filling a vehicle not snow blower, or snowmobile, and not referring to the obvious vehicles out there clearing the snow

OMG, HEMI, I am SO SORRY for not acknowledging your post, I will beat my lackeys for allowing that omission to slip by. Oh, yeah, convey my condolences to Jimmy and the boys, too.

HEMI said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
HEMI said:
macman said:
hossthehermit said:
I'm ready to panic. Got more than an inch already, since yesterday afternoon. There are clouds out there, it might not be done. Managed to get out this morning for emergency supplies (vodka, coffee, oranges, milk, eggs) , batten down the hatches. OMG, just saw a snowflake go RIGHT BY MY WINDOW!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................................

ROFL!! Have you ever noticed that in the supermarkets before a big storm, they run out of milk, eggs, and bread first??? Must be that bad storms make everyone want French Toast. :lol:
don't forget the gas stations.....people wait in line to fill up a vehicle thats not gonna leave the driveway?...got me

Ain't that where you get your gas for the snow blower, snowmobile, and pick'em up mounted snowplow :roll: ?
maybe you need to read my line again....it said filling a vehicle not snow blower, or snowmobile, and not referring to the obvious vehicles out there clearing the snow

Nope I read your line, ever think about the old fashioned method of fuel storage, put it in a car take it home and siphon out some when needed. Then there is the time tested method of staying warm if things go south in the power/heat department by using your car to stay warm in.

hossthehermit said:
I plan to be ready for a three week snowed - in stretch by Nov. 1, every year. Ain't happened since I was a kid, and that was on my folk's planning. But I'm ready every year. Guess it's a family tradition.

I'm with you on the family tradition, we plan for a month of supplies on hand in case of sickness and/or weather.

hossthehermit said:
HEMI said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
HEMI said:
macman said:
hossthehermit" date="1262390518 said:

OMG, HEMI, I am SO SORRY for not acknowledging your post, I will beat my lackeys for allowing that omission to slip by. Oh, yeah, convey my condolences to Jimmy and the boys, too.
wasn't referrin to ya hoss

Boys, boys.....calm down.....can't we all just get along?

We're talking about a stupid snowstorm, for cripes sake. Sheeesh. :roll:

slls said:
krooser said:
My new-last-year snowblower is busted and so is the pick-up I need to haul it to the dealer for a warranty repair. So I took off the broken auger cable/spring and took it in hoping to get a free replacement... can't do sez the parts guy... I have to bring in the whole machine.

So now I have a $1200.00 coathangar in my shop.

My spring broke, I just bent a new loop in it, never replaced it.

Here's my snowblower... where does that spring go?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLNUPDsZkB0&feature=related

you guys alwyas get all the fun:( we never get storms like that in the valley.....

krooser said:
Here's my snowblower... where does that spring go?

Right next to the framitz, parallel to the muffler bearing.

"alwais wannet ta be a snowblowr meecanix"

That's my wife and my mother-in-law leading the way since they always know how to do it better than me...

Status
Not open for further replies.