Gettin cold out...what's the lowest it's been by you so far?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Callin for 28 degrees here in the Hudson Valley tonight.....that should take care of any remaining delicate plants, and BUGS!

What have you seen in your neck of the woods so far?

back a few weeks ago it got down to 19 at our place...but for the past two weeks it's been "only" going down to the mid 30's at night.

22F last week... 52F today

14F every night the last few weeks.

In the next 2 weeks it'll be cold and full time burning... just running on the thermostat right now

havlat24 said:
14F every night the last few weeks. In the next 2 weeks it'll be cold and full time burning... just running on the thermostat right now

14 isn't cold????? Oh that's right, your up in the Artic near Santa Claus ;-)

few weeks ago it went down to mid 30's a couple of nights
and I had the stove on for several days. Since then
it has been off. Has to be consistently cold out for
me to keep the stove running and I don't like turning
it off and on.

NotMyJob said:
.....then a heat wave of 60 on Monday :gulp:

Yep, weird. 60's here for Sun., Mon. & Tues. I guess I'll be doing my last outdoor clean-up of the year, and put the lawn tractor to bed for the winter.....maybe. :)

macman said:
havlat24 said:
14F every night the last few weeks. In the next 2 weeks it'll be cold and full time burning... just running on the thermostat right now

14 isn't cold????? Oh that's right, your up in the Artic near Santa Claus ;-)

Its barely jacket weather!! haha

34 for a few days last week.

-10 C on Wed night . lots of frost on the roof in the morning +10 now . They don't call it Winterpeg for nothing .

Light snow here yesterday.

Frost on the windshield in the mornings. truck door frozen shut this morning.

Burning pellets controlled by programmable thermostat.

Ranger

Was 13 here on monday morning, clear skies at night and no wind and south western nys in the hills... was 17 this morning... going up to 60 by sunday...

26 this morning when I got up at 7. That`s the coldest yet this fall here in Pittsfield Ma.(NY state border.)

I had 25 on the mountain with some snow and sleet the night before.

24 at 8:00 this AM. Must've been a cold spot, 36 in Boston at the same time. Windshield completely frosted over, dog's water dish frozen almost solid.

Same as you Macman since we are across the river from each other. I still say we should go have a beer one of these days,ahh, thats after we hit the Lowes and Home Depot in Newburgh.

23 Degrees here last night....

KatWill said:
Same as you Macman since we are across the river from each other. I still say we should go have a beer one of these days,ahh, thats after we hit the Lowes and Home Depot in Newburgh.

The beer sounds good to me! As for going to HD, I don't mind, but it seems like i can NEVER get out of there w/o spending $50 on pellets, or tools.....sheeesh. %-P

Its like 60+ here today...stove hasn't run since 2am this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.