Getting closer to a choice...need advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ericj

Oct 9, 2010
Iowa
Well, I'm narrowing down which stove is best for us. Last night I measured the square footage of the first floor in our split foyer, it's 750 sq. ft. The stove will be centrally located on that floor. I'm hoping the heat will rise up the very open stairway to the second floor living room and help heat it, it's 550 sq ft (averaging 9 1/2 foot ceiling.) The rest of the house is divided by a small hallway and little heat will move to it I'm guessing, so I'm not counting it in the square footage estimates. It's about 450 more sq ft. though.

Would the Pacific Energy Spectrum be the right size for this set up? The firebox is right around 2 cu ft. A little on the small side? (The house was built in 1993, so fairly well insulated. We live in central Iowa.) Thanks for your help everyone!

Sounds like it should work fine.

If your "split foyer" measures 750 sq. ft. .......you must have a MASSIVE house. I'd buy the Equinox, myself, and centrally locate it on the main floor.

-Soupy1957

ericj said:
Well, I'm narrowing down which stove is best for us. Last night I measured the square footage of the first floor in our split foyer, it's 750 sq. ft. The stove will be centrally located on that floor. I'm hoping the heat will rise up the very open stairway to the second floor living room and help heat it, it's 550 sq ft (averaging 9 1/2 foot ceiling.) The rest of the house is divided by a small hallway and little heat will move to it I'm guessing, so I'm not counting it in the square footage estimates. It's about 450 more sq ft. though.

Would the Pacific Energy Spectrum be the right size for this set up? The firebox is right around 2 cu ft. A little on the small side? (The house was built in 1993, so fairly well insulated. We live in central Iowa.) Thanks for your help everyone!

The Spectrum will put out plenty of heat in a well insulated 1700 sq ft place.

soupy1957 said:
If your "split foyer" measures 750 sq. ft. .......you must have a MASSIVE house. I'd buy the Equinox, myself, and centrally locate it on the main floor.

-Soupy1957

The numbers he lists add up to 1750 sq ft which is well short of "huge"

guess so...........hmmmmmmmmmmm...........maybe I misread his data. Ah well......

-Soupy1957

Status
Not open for further replies.