Getting closer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okiewoodcutter

Dec 18, 2015
Oklahoma
new here and just want to say hello and show off the start of our hearth. Going to put a used lopi Liberty in our 1950sq ft home. We have 18ft ceilings which lead into our loft. Open floor plan with short hallways all designed around heating with wood. Although we do have propane for heat as well. We left a 1" air gap with air vents at top and bottom behind our brick as per the stove manual and I believe the NFPA guide. Lots of good info here and glad to be here! Thanks All!

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Woody Stover
That Lopi Liberty should be a beast of a stove for your house. I just put in a Lopi Endeavor (size smaller than your liberty) and love it in my 1900 sq ft.
Nice idea, I like it.

new here and just want to say hello and show off the start of our hearth. Going to put a used lopi Liberty in our 1950sq ft home. We have 18ft ceilings which lead into our loft. Open floor plan with short hallways all designed around heating with wood. Although we do have propane for heat as well. We left a 1" air gap with air vents at top and bottom behind our brick as per the stove manual and I believe the NFPA guide. Lots of good info here and glad to be here! Thanks All!

View attachment 169967
Sounds like you have a good plan! Is the hearth at an outside wall or somewhere in the middle of the house? What kind of chimney will you be using? Good luck with the install.

Sounds like you have a good plan! Is the hearth at an outside wall or somewhere in the middle of the house? What kind of chimney will you be using? Good luck with the install.

It's on an outside wall. Using dura pipe triple wall (I believe) which takes it through the Sheetrock. Single wall inside down. Builder did the install. The outside pipe needs the roof supports still.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.