Getting decent traction?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
That is very small-minded. Pirelli doesn’t sound American either, and it’s not, but they own one of the largest tire manufacturing plants in the US. Same with Yokohama.

Meanwhile, Bridgestone and Continental sound very American, but they’re Japanese and German.

Small minded? Interesting thought; since 1 out of 8 manufacturing plants are located in China, South Korea, Hungary and Indonesia.

I run BF Goodrich all terrain, love them so far. As stated above you need same size tires on the same axel. I have never put different size tires on one axel or different size in the front or back always the same. I believe with four wheel drive u can do damage. As others have stated I would look into it before damage is done.

Made by cooper....
Not even all cooper tires are made here although most sold here are. They own plants all over the world

Small minded? Interesting thought; since 1 out of 8 manufacturing plants are located in China, South Korea, Hungary and Indonesia.
I’m not sure if that’s an attempt to answer to what I said, as the number of manufacturing plants in a given country means nothing without knowing the size or output of the plants, or the number of tires actually used in that country vs. exported. But, since you threw out a number, let’s keep in mind that 1 out of 4 vehicles manufactured last year were sold in China.

That’s right, Americans registered 17.1M new cars last year, while Chinese folks bought 24.2M, out of the 93.6M produced worldwide. So, are more tires made in China? I’d sure hope so... they need them.

It doesn’t change the fact that the sound of the name “Hancook” has little to do with anything. As I said previously, Yokohama doesn’t sound very American, but they own one of the largest tire producing plants in the United States. Conversely, Bridgestone sounds very American, but they’re Japanese. I’m not sure what “sounds American” to you, but I know plenty of Americans with Asian names.

Last edited:
I've been running BGF ATs for decades and always liked them. The throw gravel quite a bit, though. I got a good deal on a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers that were also very good AT tires...even better on slick, wet surfaces than my BFGs. By the time they wore out, their prices had inched up to about the same amount as the BFGs, so I switched back.