Getting it all stacked for winter! (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwhunter85

Feeling the Heat
Aug 21, 2010
Sunfield, MI
Getting it all stacked for winter. Just unloaded the last of it for winter storage. (closer to the house). This heat is making it not very fun to stack!

Attachments

• IMAG0266.jpg
    IMAG0266.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 234
  • IMAG0267.jpg
    IMAG0267.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 246
That's one big reason why we split and stack in early Spring.

I like the pic with the "Pain" tank in the Background... I surrounded my tank with wood... Completely. My way of stickin it to the Man (Gas Man) :)

Looks like a good deal of Ash. Judging by the color of the ends, that wood was stacked somewhere else? I try to keep my wood as close as possible. But like you, I must "Rotate the Stock" :(. Which means stacking and them stacking it Again next yr!!!

Nice work.
And damn those are a couple of serious rounds! What say you? 36" diameter?

Cool weather will come :)
Those are some big rounds that might be hard to split :)
Nice looking wood. Is it for this winter?

Get 'er split up so she starts seasoning. I's thinkin' we's a-gonna have a decent winter dis year!

Getting it all stacked for winter. Just unloaded the last of it for winter storage. (closer to the house). This heat is making it not very fun to stack!
Looks good B W, I like the look of a wood processing area and stacks that are in process. Of course, when the stacks are complete, thagt is mighty fine too. Man, I hand it to you for working on it in this heat. I just avoid woodin' in the warm temps completely. But, ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

A little sweat never killed anybody...you can swim, can't you? ==c

Sort of like the old saying that work never killed anybody. Still, there have not been too many casualties from folks resting...;lol

Reactions: AJS56
A little sweat never killed anybody...you can swim, can't you? ==c
That's what I do in this heat. Get up early, walk the dog, split and stack some wood, swim 1/4 mile, breakfast; busy all day, then about six PM split and stack, go for another swim, dinner. Get darn hot, but cool off quickly....and it makes the lake feel warmer. Hoping nights continue warm so the lake doesn't cool too much and don't have to use firewood.

Reactions: CageMaster
I'm with ya all the way there, brother!

I teach - so snowdays are still the best thing in the world! Play with the kids in the morning, then come in and sit by the stove and have hot chocolate. What could be better?

i must admit i am getting anxious to be able to wake up in the mornings and stir the coal bed, or to spend evening cuddled up next to the fire with a magazine or watching a movie with the wifey

Reactions: AJS56 and ScotO
I teach - so snowdays are still the best thing in the world! Play with the kids in the morning, then come in and sit by the stove and have hot chocolate. What could be better?
All the above, PLUS riding the snowmobiles on my neighbor's 400 acre farm next door!

All the above, PLUS riding the snowmobiles on my neighbor's 400 acre farm next door!

Why limit yourself to 400 acres? ;)

Over 10,000 miles of groomed snowmobile trails here in Maine . . . in a good year you can ride from one end of the state to the other and east to west (although my two favorite areas are to ride up in The County . . . and locally -- since it is cheaper and I like the tight, twisty trails.) You can get on a trail and ride to the gas station, sled shop, restaurants . . . even the strip club up near Millinocket.

i must admit i am getting anxious to be able to wake up in the mornings and stir the coal bed, or to spend evening cuddled up next to the fire with a magazine or watching a movie with the wifey

I'm not at that point quite yet . . . I enjoy my Summer times and warm weather . . . and by the time April or May rolls around I will be quite tired of maintaining the fire in the home.

Why limit yourself to 400 acres? ;)

Over 10,000 miles of groomed snowmobile trails here in Maine . . . in a good year you can ride from one end of the state to the other and east to west (although my two favorite areas are to ride up in The County . . . and locally -- since it is cheaper and I like the tight, twisty trails.) You can get on a trail and ride to the gas station, sled shop, restaurants . . . even the strip club up near Millinocket.
I wish PA would open up more trails. Where I'm located you have to trailer your sled to get to any 'legal' trails. I'd like to come up your way sometime.

I wish PA would open up more trails. Where I'm located you have to trailer your sled to get to any 'legal' trails. I'd like to come up your way sometime.

If you do . . . you may never want to leave . . . lots of choices from tight, twisty trails to wide open potato and broccoli fields to logging roads and railroad beds . . . mountain vistas and if the snow is right you can even ride in the Acadia National Park.

Reactions: AJS56 and ScotO
I'm not at that point quite yet . . . I enjoy my Summer times and warm weather . . . and by the time April or May rolls around I will be quite tired of maintaining the fire in the home.

My favorite Jake is the "black fly loop" up in Rangeley. There's a portion around flagstaff and eustis that's just phenominal. I've never done any county riding. It's mostly rangeley and quebec. Some trails up by Mt Valin were No BS.. 30 WIDE! Expensive trail pass, but will sure spoil you. I like grooming close to home. I bought a skandic from the club, and pull their drag. I also run our Track Truck when we've got the snow. Just under 40 miles of trail in our town.

JP

Reactions: ScotO
My favorite Jake is the "black fly loop" up in Rangeley. There's a portion around flagstaff and eustis that's just phenominal. I've never done any county riding. It's mostly rangeley and quebec. Some trails up by Mt Valin were No BS.. 30 WIDE! Expensive trail pass, but will sure spoil you. I like grooming close to home. I bought a skandic from the club, and pull their drag. I also run our Track Truck when we've got the snow. Just under 40 miles of trail in our town.

JP

Honestly . . . I have only ridden in Jackman once or twice . . . and after hearing the horror stories from Rangeley I've stayed away from there (although having been there in the Summer I can only imagine how beautiful the area is in the winter . . . maybe a week-day ride would be worth doing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.