Getting logs off a big pile

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The work is going well. My cant hook is just what I needed to work the pile. There are quite a few trick logs, big knots and such, that get wedged between other logs. It's fun figuring out how to move them safely and with as little effort as possible.

I've split and stacked about a third of the pile so far. Would be more but the holidays and my two kiddos have limited my play time.

I'm really pleased with my stihl 271 and Fiskars x27.

I've got one log that's a total bear to split. I'll have to post a pic for an ID. I whacked the hell out of a round with the Fiskars and couldn't split it. It's not even very big. Maybe 10 inches in diameter!

Before I started, a neighbor asked what I was using for a splitter. (We're new to the neighborhood). I told him I'm going to use a "ME 1977". He replied "oh, never heard of that. Who makes it?" I told him my mom and dad. He gave me a friendly "wise ass" look and chuckled.

Reactions: pen
Status
Not open for further replies.