Getting Longer Burn Times

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wkpoor

Minister of Fire
Oct 30, 2008
Amanda, OH
Since the weather is milder my burn times are going up. Came home at 3AM 15hrs from the last time I loaded only 3 splits in the stove. Still found enough coals for a quick start. Put in 5 medium splits at 3AM and just now at noon loaded it again with a stove top of 300 degrees. Not bad for an unlisted un tested stove. And the wood was Silver maple and one piece of Elm both times. I'm thinking once I start heating drywall instead of concrete and start burning Oak, Ash, and OO I might be able to squeeze 20+ hrs out of it.

Yup. We do one load a day in this warmer weather. Almost always enough coals for a restart, as long as you're not in a hurry.

I loaded our woodfurnace at 5:00am yesterday. At 10:00 pm yesterday the furnace's glass window was too hot to touch. I put in a half load of slabwood it took off and I woke this morning to a coal bed. Im not complaining, makes the shoulder season a little easier.

I have often loaded the 30 in May and not had to reload it until October.

Reactions: WidowMaker
I have often loaded the 30 in May and not had to reload it until October.
Whoops, I read that backerds. Every stove ever made would have those burn times hehehehehe.

Reactions: laynes69
Status
Not open for further replies.